In order to slow down the spread of the coronavirus on the shipyard site, we are taking various measures. Our aim: to act with foresight, take precautions and ensure the safety of our employees.
We use this site to inform our partners about current developments. From now on, information for our employees can be found in our new Info-Portal.
Main Corona Prevention Measures
You can find our main corona prevention measures in this video and the following document. For more detailled information please have a look at the list below.
Our prevention measures (26.11.2020)
Remove bicycles at the visitor centre
A restricted area will be established at the equipment pier for the operation of the S.713 Odyssey of the Seas.
- For this reason, we kindly ask you to advise the employees of your company to remove the bicycles that have been parked around the visitor centre.
- Instead, please use the newly installed parking spaces in front of Hall 5 and Hall 6.
- Bicycles are not permitted in the restricted area. Both driving and parking may result in disciplinary action. Should bicycles nevertheless be parked, they will be secured and stored. The owner can report to factory security for collection.
Gate control from week 49
Last week we informed you that from week 49 on employees of partner companies are only allowed to enter the shipyard via gate 3.
There is an amendment to this effect in order to reduce the number of people at Gate 3 and to shorten the route for the employees deployed on S.713. With the undocking of S.713, a separate zone will be created for the ship.
Therefore, a separate entrance to the ship will be created at Gate 1 for the employees of the partner companies who carry out activities on S.713.
Sticker for the zone S.713
- A new sticker will be distributed for this zone.
- The stickers will be distributed to the employees of the partner companies by the responsible managers of MEYER WERFT.
- The S.713 sticker is an additional marking. The previous zone sticker (e.g. the blue sticker for the zone Hall 4, 5 and 6 with shift marking) must still be legible (the old sticker must NOT be pasted over and NOT removed! - See example
- At gate 1, the way to S.713 is clearly marked.
Closing time from week 51 (14.12.2020) up to and including week 01 (10.01.2021)
At the beginning of November we informed about the second general closing time from week 51 (14.12.2020) up to and including week 01 (10.01.2021).
As already announced, some areas will not be completely closed. Unlike before the first closing time, we will not inform the partner companies with a separate e-mail about the work deployment of your employees during the closing period.
All partner companies who have already been registered in accordance with the responsible manager from production MEYER WERFT and who have planned the work deployment in week 51 to week 01 can also carry out the planned activities on the shipyard premises during this period.
Contrary to what has been announced, the acceptance of goods in week 51 to week 01 is possible on working days from 07:00 to 12:00 PM. From 12:00 PM no more goods can be accepted.
Reporting a Corona case
In the attachment, you will find a detailed list of the information that must be reported to us as soon as a Corona case becomes known of one of your employees. Also suspected cases of a Corona infection must be reported. Download
If this information is not known at first, please inform us immediately and send us the missing information as soon as it is available.
All information must be entered in the excel file "Template_Corona_Information" (Download).
The excel file as well as further information and any questions that may arise should be sent from your side in the future to this e-mail address: email@example.com
Regulations for shipyard access and parking lot usage
Gate control from week 49
- Due to reconstruction measures, access via Gate 1 and Gate 2 will no longer be possible for employees of partner companies beginning on 30.11.2020 (CW 49).
- Instead, employees of partner companies must enter the shipyard via Gate 3.
Occupation of employee registration office
- As in the past years, our employee registry is not occupied from 19.12.2020 until and including 03.01.2021.
- Registrations for new shipyard passes must therefore be received by 02:00 PM on 16.12.2020 at the latest and collected by 12:00 AM on 18.12.2020 at the latest.
- After that, registration is only possible again beginning on 04.01.2021.
Driving ordinance at the truck gate
In the course of the updated risk analysis of the port authority, the access roads to MEYER WERFT as a port facility will be more strictly regulated in addition to the new version of the security plan. For this purpose, access regulations (“Zufahrtsordnung_Driving Ordinance”) have been drawn up, which, among other things, prescribe instructions for suppliers entering at the truck gate (soon to be gate 4). By entering the premises of MEYER WERFT the suppliers commit themselves to behave according to the access regulations. This comes into force on 01.12.2020
Usage of parking space
- We informed last week that employees who drive vans (such as transporters, minibuses, etc.) with more than two occupants are only allowed to park in the gravel parking lot on Rheiderlandstraße and on the headland at gate 3.
- Currently, however, the forest parking lot on the opposite side of Rheiderlandstraße, where the road must be crossed directly, is also used. We would like to point out that the use of the forest parking lot is to be stopped, since crossing the street is very dangerous. This regulation will be controlled from now on. By means of the pedestrian bridge from the gravel parking lot and parking at the headland at gate 3, employees can reach the gate via a safe path. An overview can be found in the appendix (Parking_Parking Lots)
- The stopping of vehicles with several people at the gates is still prohibited. Any violation of this regulation will be punished with a ban on shipyard premises.
Accommodation in apartments
We urgently advise you to accommodate the employees of your company, if possible, separately according to the shifts and zones assigned during working hours. This means that, in the best case, only those persons who work together in the same shift and zone will be accommodated together in private. In any case, it is important to strictly adhere to the hygiene conditions in the private sphere as well, thus reducing the number of contact persons. This is the only way to reduce the risk of spreading in case of an outbreak.
Access and departure to/from the shipyard
- From now on, cyclists of the early and late shift zone Hall 4+5 from Weener can also use Gate 1 to enter the shipyard. Please note that this regulation applies exclusively to cyclists. For walkers in the zone Hall 4 + 5, Gate 3 and the truck gate continue to be valid as entrance and exit.
All start and end times including the list of which gate is to be used can be found in this updated flyer.
- The access for cars from the Rheiderlandstraße in the direction of gate 2 is closed from 5 to 6:30 and from 13:30 to 14:15 until further notice. Via the first lane at gate 2, the exit towards the motorway is allowed as soon as the traffic has left.
- Picking up and dropping off employees is only possible via the parking lots. Due to the high volume of people at gate 1, it is from now on no longer permitted to park with vans, minibuses or larger vans in the area of gate 1. Therefore, employees driving these vans are only allowed to park on the gravel parking lot at Rheiderlandstraße and at the headland at Gate 3 (see picture attached).
It is forbidden to park vehicles with several persons at the gates. A violation of this regulation will be punished with a ban on our shipyard premises.
- Cars with more than two people are not allowed to access theareas near the gates.
Use of changing rooms and lockers
Use of changing rooms and lockers
At present, the changing rooms and lockers are again available for the employees. Access to the lockers is thus permitted again. From December 2020, the partner companies will therefore be charged the locker rent. The following rules must be observed when using the lockers:
- The rooms may be entered max. 20 minutes before work begins and must be left at the latest 20 minutes after work is finished.
- On the way to the locker room (inside the building) and inside the locker room, masks must be worn.
- The use of the changing rooms as lounges or break rooms as well as the access to the lounges (seating) is prohibited.
- The showers are closed.
- The use of the adjoining recreation rooms is prohibited.
Obligation to wear the mouth/nose cover
Due to the current infection situation, it is even more important that all measures are strictly observed so that in case of an infection of a person, a spreading can be prevented. In particular, the wearing of a mouth and nose cover contributes to the protection of other persons. o For this reason, from Monday 16.11.2020, all employees without exception will be required to wear a mouth-and-nose mask in areas where masks are compulsory, and in particular on board S.713 (Odyssey of the Seas). Employees who are exempted from the obligation to wear a mask for medical reasons by a medical certificate are also no longer allowed to enter these areas without a mask from this date.
The general obligation to wear masks in all closed rooms (e.g. in offices, halls, on board) is still valid.
The notices at the offices for the partial cancellation of the obligation to wear masks will no longer be valid until further notice. Excluded from this regulation are individual offices.
In outdoor areas the wearing of a mouth/nose cover is voluntary. However, we expressly recommend wearing a mask also in outdoor areas (especially when entering the shipyard at the gates).
Note: FFP-2 masks with a valve are not permitted, as exhaled aerosols are released into the ambient air through the valve.
For further information: We orientate ourselves to the development of the number of cases in the surrounding districts. If one of these districts exceeds the threshold value of 50 newly infected persons per 100,000 inhabitants in the past 7 days, the general mask obligation applies. If the value is below this threshold, the obligation to wear a mask is relaxed.
Summary of entry conditions according to the Lower Saxony Corona Regulation (as of 06.11.2020)
Summary of entry conditions according to the Lower Saxony Corona Regulation (as of 06.11.2020)
Persons who have stayed in a risk area outside of Germany within the last 10 days prior to entry into the Federal Republic of Germany (https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html) must go into domestic quarantine for 10 days after entry directly to their own home, to the place of their usual residence or to another suitable accommodation. Excluded from this regulation are:
- Persons who have stayed in a risk area for less than 24 hours in the context of border traffic with neighbouring countries or who enter the Federal territory only for up to 24 hours.
- Persons who have their residence in a risk area and who travel to Lower Saxony for the purpose of their professional practice, studies or training and who return to their residence regularly, at least once a week, whereby the compelling necessity as well as the compliance with appropriate protection and hygiene concepts must be certified by the employer, the client or the educational institution.
- Persons, who have to return to their place of residence for up to five days, whereby the compelling necessity as well as compliance with appropriate protection and hygiene concepts must be certified by the employer, the client or the educational institution.
- Persons who enter the Federal territory for the purpose of taking up work for at least three weeks, if at the place of their accommodation and their activity in the first ten days after their entry group-related operational hygiene measures and precautions to avoid contact outside the working group are taken, which are comparable to segregation, and leaving the accommodation is only permitted for the purpose of carrying out their activity.
- in this case, the employer shall notify the according authority of the commencement of work before it begins and document the measures taken. The competent authority shall verify that the conditions are met.
- Entry must be registered at the following address: https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de
- As a rule, domestic quarantine can also be terminated with a negative test result after five days at the earliest. Please observe the quarantine regulations of your federal state.
For the rest, we refer to the entire Corona ordinance, which can be found here. In case of any ambiguity, please contact the responsible health authority.
New Health Questionnaire
The new questionnaire has to be filled in by employees who enter the shipyard for the first time as of today, 09.11.2020.
The current version of the questionnaire can always be found on the homepage of our website.
The questionnair was updated accordingly to the entry conditions according to the Lower Saxony Corona Regulation. From now on we will refer completely to the official risk areas of the Robert Koch Institute (https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html).
- Accordingly, the entire country is no longer considered a risk area if only individual regions are designated as risk areas in that country.
- Classification as a risk area is made after joint analysis and decision by the Federal Ministry of Health, the Foreign Office and the Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Building and Homeland.
- All persons entering the country who have stayed in a risk area for more than 48 hours within the last 14 days are obliged to report to the responsible German health authority when entering Germany. This is also asked in our questionnaire.
- Provided that the health authority confirms to the entering employees that they are allowed to stay in Germany and do not have to go into quarantine / isolation, the shipyard access will be granted with the corresponding information on the questionnaire.
- With the new questionnaire the presentation of further documents (negative test result, etc.) is no longer necessary when entering the shipyard.
- Every employee is responsible for following the regulations of the Lower Saxony Corona Ordinance and the regulations of the legal ordinances of the Federal Republic of Germany and to comply with the instructions of the corresponding authorities.
- Furthermore, we ask you to point out to all employees that after visiting a risk area it is absolutely necessary to fill out the questionnaire again.
- Further information: In case an employee from your company, who has a shipyard pass, has been in quarantine and is allowed to enter the shipyard again afterwards, this employee must also collect a visitor's pass at gate 3 for the first day. The shipyard pass is activated for the shipyard entrance, but this will not work for the first day, e.g. when entering the ship.
In order to avoid encounter traffic during shift changes, there is now an hour between the early shift and the late shift. An overview can be found here. This means that...
- the workers from the early shift must leave the shipyard immediately after the end of their shift.
- the workers for the late shift may enter the shipyard at 13:30 at the earliest.
- Note:The gatekeepers will check these times and dismiss employees who do not comply with the times.
- The known break times continue to apply.
- This table shows an overview for the early and late shift. If employees are to be assigned to a night shift,this has to be coordinated with the responsible manager of MEYER WERFT.
Maintaining the contact lists
A contact is defined as any person who has been in contact with a person for more than 15 minutes at a distance of less than 1.5 meters - regardless of whether a mouth/nose cover was worn during the contact.
We therefore ask you once again to instruct your employees in detail about compliance with our preventive measures and also about the daily maintenance of the contact lists. For this purpose, the electronic contact list (https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/meyer-contact) is available or the employees fill it out in paper form and throw it into the collection containers on the shipyard premises.
Note: The definition of contact persons by the health authorities is always a case-by-case consideration and assessment, which includes further criteria that are subject to the assessment of the authorities.
Regulations for using lifts
The Alimak lifts located in the halls are again open for passenger transport. The following rules must be observed:
- Maximum 5 persons in one cabin
- Masks are mandatory in the cabin
- Passenger transport only in upward direction, no passenger transport in downward direction
- To maintain the necessary distance between people, markings are placed in the cabins · The length of the queue is limited by a marker. Queuing beyond this limit is not allowed. Please continue to use the stairs if the queue is too long.
The elevators in office buildings are available only for persons with physical disabilities or for the transport of materials.
New zone stickers for access cards
New zone stickers for access cards
As of next Monday 14.09.2020 a new simplified zoning system will apply to all employees working on the MEYER WERFT premises. Already since April each employee has been assigned to a zone and is obliged to stay only within this zone. In this way we ensure that the persons in a zone only have contact with each other.
New zone stickers for access cards In the meantime, the processes on the shipyard have been very well established. Due to the different shifts, we have been able to reduce the number of employees working within a zone at the same time.
The following regulations must be observed:
- Every employee needs a new zone sticker beginning on Monday 14.09.2020.
- In order to simplify work in some areas, the following zones will be combined into one common zone (overview attached):
- Zone Hall 4 + 5 and Zone Hall 6
- Zone Human Resources and Zone Administration + Technology Centre + Hall 5 T2 offices (IT)
- The stickers are distributed by the respective managers of the zones. When issuing the stickers, the managers make sure that only ONE zone sticker is present on each access card.
- The partner companies are obliged to register their employees at least 24 hours in advance with the responsible Head of Group of MEYER WERFT. The respective Head of Group will then hand over the required stickers to the supervisor of the partner company.
- The employee is obliged to obtain the sticker within one hour from his supervisor. If the employee is checked after this hour and cannot show a zone sticker, he has to expect labour law consequences up to a ban from the shipyard.
- Employees must therefore wear their access card in a clearly visible place and show it at the gates as usual.
- Note: Random checks of this regulation are carried out. In the event of violations, we reserve the right to issue an immediate ban on shipyard.
The known zone rules remain valid:
- Shipyard access: Each zone is assigned to a gate. Please use the assigned gate for entering and leaving the premises.
- Transition between zones: Changing zones is prohibited. Employees must report to their supervisor if this is absolutely necessary.
- Working hours: Each zone is linked to specific working hours to ensure that employees in a zone do not encounter other employees.
- The shift assignments remain in place and are an essential part of the protection concept and thus contribute to the prevention of the risk of infection. In week 38 the shift group 2 starts in the early shift.
No longer closing times in smoking areas
Break rooms for partner companies
As announced, from Thursday 09.07.2020 on, we will provide the employees of your company with areas attached as break rooms. Please note the following information.
① = Tent 1; space for a maximum of 237 people
② = Tent 2, space for a maximum of 93 people
Due to the maximum capacity of 330 people who can use the break tents at the same time, it is necessary to divide your employees evenly among the break times available per shift. These can be found in the attachments ("20200707_Times_Shifts and Breaks") and are to be considered with the following allocation of shift groups:
Assignment of the shift groups: Shift group 1 (odd calendar weeks: early shift; even calendar weeks: late shift) Shift group 2 (odd calendar weeks: late shift; even calendar weeks: early shift)
By the end of calendar week 29, your employees will receive a sticker in the break tents during their visits, which indicates that they belong to a break group. Since we assume that not all employees use the tents during their breaks, we spend about 100 stickers per break time more than there are places available. If, contrary to expectations, all available places are occupied during a break, for further persons access is denied. We ask for your understanding.
· The break tents may only be used by the assigned persons within the assigned break times.
· Posters at the entrances to the tents indicate the break groups entitled to access.
· Upon entry, security guards check whether the employees are authorised to use the break time (identification of zone and shift affiliation as well as the identification of the break group is checked).
· If the tent is completely filled, people waiting in front of the tent will be turned away.
· Masks must be worn when accessing the break tent and inside the tent.
· The mask may only be taken off for food intake.
· The distance of 1,5-2m to other persons has to be observed.
· The arrangement of the chairs and tables may not be changed.
· At the end of the break the places have to be left tidy; waste has to be disposed in the provided waste containers.
· The break time is to be ended punctually, as all tables will be cleaned and disinfected after each break.
· For reasons of protection against infection, ventilation of the tent is provided (depending on weather conditions). Any draughts that may occur are to be accepted.
· The instructions of the security staff must be followed.
· In the event of violations of the applicable rules, we reserve the right to issue a ban on shipyards against the affected employees.
In the interest of your employees, please support us in the organisation of the break tents by providing comprehensive information and by carefully allocating your employees to the breaks (evenly distributed over the break times).
We reserve the right to close the tents again at any time if we discover that the allocation to the break times was not carried out by you as expected.
Corona warning app
Since 17.06.2020 it is possible to use the Corona-Warn App to determine contact with infected persons more quickly and easily and to determine the risk of infection.
We hereby expressly recommend all persons employed at the shipyard to install this app and to pass on this recommendation to all persons in their environment in order to further reduce the risk of the Corona virus spreading. More detailed information can also be found in various languages on the website of the Federal Government: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/themen/corona-warn-app
Starting up the vending machines
The vending machines for cold drinks will be gradually put back into operation at monday, 6th of July. The following rules apply:
- In any queues that may form a minimum distance of 1.5 to 2 metres from other people must be kept.
- The consumption of beverages in the area around the vending machines is prohibited.
- It is also forbidden to form crowds of people to consume the drinks together.
If the rules are not observed, the vending machines will be taken out of operation again.
New regulation at the gates
Leaving the shipyard was previously allowed without registration of the exits. Since Monday 25.05.2020, separation systems have been installed at the gates in test operation in order to control the exits from the shipyard. All persons have to leave the shipyard with a booking at these systems. With this measure we want to ensure that in case of an evacuation, which persons are still at the shipyard.
At gate 1 the following regulation also applies:
- In the time between 12:00 and 12:10, gate 1 will be closed for car traffic until further notice.
- Passengers will leave the shipyard via the separation system with booking.
- Cyclists can leave the shipyard via the car exit with booking. For this purpose, the card readers mounted on the right and left of the barriers with the inscription "Ausfahrt" (exit) must be used. The security personnel will assist with this procedure.
Procedure in case of suspected corona infection and confirmed corona infection
Here you will find a detailed description of how to behave if a person from your company who is employed at the shipyard is suspected of having a corona infection or has a confirmed corona infection.
We ask you to instruct the employees of your company again on this procedure and, if necessary, to display the documents in the appropriate accommodation.
Reporting system for disinfectant dispensers
All disinfectant dispensers on the shipyard are marked with a number. This makes it easier to report damaged or empty dispensers to our Corona hotline or to the info points on the shipyard.
Avoiding gatherings of people
The current situation and the new zone concept demand a lot from all of us.
- In order to avoid delays at the gates, we are providing a further access possibility: At Gate 1 the rolling gate at Hall 6 is also available as an additional option for entering and exiting the shipyard.
- A personnel guidance system is currently being introduced in front of the rolling gate at gate 1 in order to further equalize the passenger traffic at the beginning of the shift and to maintain the distance of 1.5 m. A "snake course" is being set up, such as is familiar from leisure parks, for example.
- Many employees of zone Hall 6 on the early shift enter the shipyard via Gate 1 and Gate 2. Note that the truck gate and Gate 3 are also permitted entrances for this shift and zone. We achieve shorter waiting times and prevent gathering of people by a more homogenous distribution.
- Employees coming to the gates from ND Coatings should also use Gate 3 or the truck gate. From now on, staff will point out the right way in the morning and assist with the distribution to the gates.
Please keep a distance of at least 1.50 m to your fellow human beings.
Markings in front of the gates
Corridors with barriers were built in front of the gates as an access route. These corridors are so small that two people cannot stand or walk next to each other. In addition, markings have been sprayed on the ground with a distance of 1.50 metres to help the employees to keep the distance control.
This measure allows access to the shipyard with a controlled booking at the turnstiles.
The security staff will check that these distances are observed and, if necessary, issue a ban on entering the shipyard if they are not followed.
Registration times for workers by zone
The registration of new employees of partner companies has to be done for a certain zone from now on. The schedule below specifies when employees of which zone can hand in their documents and watch the security film. In this way we prevent contact between employees from different zones even before they enter the shipyard. Stick to the timetable and only order employees from partner companies to register at the time that suits the zone.
|Hall 4 + Hall 5 + Offices Hall 5 T1||9:30|
|Site office / IT||10:00|
Our canteens are closed until further notice.
Daily preventive measures
The following apply to everyone: everyone can contribute to their own protection and the protection of all colleagues by acting responsibly:
- Keep your distance: keep a distance of 1.5 meters from other people as a precaution.
- Washing and disinfecting hands regularly
→ There are currently delivery problems with disinfectants, even though we have already taken various measures and, for example, had MEYER TURKU fly in disinfectants. It may therefore happen that disinfectant dispensers cannot be refilled. Please make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 30 seconds.
- Coughing and sneezing (coughing/sneezing into the crook of your arm)
- Refrain from physical contact such as shaking hands
- Avoids contact with people suffering from respiratory diseases
Contact doctor by phone
If you have cold symptoms, please do not introduce yourself personally to our company doctor. Please contact her or your family doctor by telephone.