In order to slow down the spread of the coronavirus on the shipyard site, we are taking various measures. Our aim: to act with foresight, take precautions and ensure the safety of our employees.
We use this site to inform our partners about current developments. From now on, information for our employees can be found in our new Info-Portal.
Corona Risk Areas
Our prevention measures (15.09.2020)
New version of the health questionnaire and definition of risk areas
Initially, we considered areas with 25 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants within the last 14 days as risk areas and all countries outside the EU.
Since Monday, September 14th, we are again leaning towards the Robert Koch Institute with our risk areas (see chart above). Furthermore, all countries outside the EU are still classified as risk areas. After a stay of more than 48 hours in such a risk area, the shipyard may not be entered or negative test result has to be presented (negative COVID-19 test result with confirmation of the responsible health authority or negative COVID-19 test result from a German laboratory).
Please note that there is an obligation to fill in the questionnaire again if your employees have been in a risk area for more than 48 hours.
A new sticker will not be issued. The current questionnaire is available on the start page of our website and should already be filled in and signed before you enter the area.
Relaxation of the mask obligation
The obligation to wear masks in Halls 4, 5 and 6 is cancelled.For other closed rooms (e.g. smaller halls, workshops, pipe centre, laser centre, on board of our ships, on blocks) no generally valid regulation can be made. In this case, the managers decide on the basis of a risk assessment in which working areas a mask obligation is ordered or waived.
For all offices, the instructions on the compulsory masks displayed at the doors apply again.
In rooms used jointly (e.g. corridors, staircases, kitchens, meeting rooms, WC facilities, copy/printer rooms) the general mask obligation is maintained.
In outdoor areas wearing a mouth/nose cover is voluntary. However, we expressly recommend wearing a mask in outdoor areas as well.
Regulations for using lifts
The Alimak lifts located in the halls are again open for passenger transport. The following rules must be observed:
- Maximum 5 persons in one cabin
- Masks are mandatory in the cabin
- Passenger transport only in upward direction, no passenger transport in downward direction
- To maintain the necessary distance between people, markings are placed in the cabins · The length of the queue is limited by a marker. Queuing beyond this limit is not allowed. Please continue to use the stairs if the queue is too long.
The elevators in office buildings are available only for persons with physical disabilities or for the transport of materials.
New zone stickers for access cards
New zone stickers for access cards
As of next Monday 14.09.2020 a new simplified zoning system will apply to all employees working on the MEYER WERFT premises. Already since April each employee has been assigned to a zone and is obliged to stay only within this zone. In this way we ensure that the persons in a zone only have contact with each other.
New zone stickers for access cards In the meantime, the processes on the shipyard have been very well established. Due to the different shifts, we have been able to reduce the number of employees working within a zone at the same time.
The following regulations must be observed:
- Every employee needs a new zone sticker beginning on Monday 14.09.2020.
- In order to simplify work in some areas, the following zones will be combined into one common zone (overview attached):
- Zone Hall 4 + 5 and Zone Hall 6
- Zone Human Resources and Zone Administration + Technology Centre + Hall 5 T2 offices (IT)
- The stickers are distributed by the respective managers of the zones. When issuing the stickers, the managers make sure that only ONE zone sticker is present on each access card.
- The partner companies are obliged to register their employees at least 24 hours in advance with the responsible Head of Group of MEYER WERFT. The respective Head of Group will then hand over the required stickers to the supervisor of the partner company.
- The employee is obliged to obtain the sticker within one hour from his supervisor. If the employee is checked after this hour and cannot show a zone sticker, he has to expect labour law consequences up to a ban from the shipyard.
- Employees must therefore wear their access card in a clearly visible place and show it at the gates as usual.
- Note: Random checks of this regulation are carried out. In the event of violations, we reserve the right to issue an immediate ban on shipyard.
The known zone rules remain valid:
- Shipyard access: Each zone is assigned to a gate. Please use the assigned gate for entering and leaving the premises.
- Transition between zones: Changing zones is prohibited. Employees must report to their supervisor if this is absolutely necessary.
- Working hours: Each zone is linked to specific working hours to ensure that employees in a zone do not encounter other employees.
- The shift assignments remain in place and are an essential part of the protection concept and thus contribute to the prevention of the risk of infection. In week 38 the shift group 2 starts in the early shift.
No longer closing times in smoking areas
Break rooms for partner companies
As announced, from Thursday 09.07.2020 on, we will provide the employees of your company with areas attached as break rooms. Please note the following information.
① = Tent 1; space for a maximum of 237 people
② = Tent 2, space for a maximum of 93 people
Due to the maximum capacity of 330 people who can use the break tents at the same time, it is necessary to divide your employees evenly among the break times available per shift. These can be found in the attachments ("20200707_Times_Shifts and Breaks") and are to be considered with the following allocation of shift groups:
Assignment of the shift groups: Shift group 1 (odd calendar weeks: early shift; even calendar weeks: late shift) Shift group 2 (odd calendar weeks: late shift; even calendar weeks: early shift)
By the end of calendar week 29, your employees will receive a sticker in the break tents during their visits, which indicates that they belong to a break group. Since we assume that not all employees use the tents during their breaks, we spend about 100 stickers per break time more than there are places available. If, contrary to expectations, all available places are occupied during a break, for further persons access is denied. We ask for your understanding.
· The break tents may only be used by the assigned persons within the assigned break times.
· Posters at the entrances to the tents indicate the break groups entitled to access.
· Upon entry, security guards check whether the employees are authorised to use the break time (identification of zone and shift affiliation as well as the identification of the break group is checked).
· If the tent is completely filled, people waiting in front of the tent will be turned away.
· Masks must be worn when accessing the break tent and inside the tent.
· The mask may only be taken off for food intake.
· The distance of 1,5-2m to other persons has to be observed.
· The arrangement of the chairs and tables may not be changed.
· At the end of the break the places have to be left tidy; waste has to be disposed in the provided waste containers.
· The break time is to be ended punctually, as all tables will be cleaned and disinfected after each break.
· For reasons of protection against infection, ventilation of the tent is provided (depending on weather conditions). Any draughts that may occur are to be accepted.
· The instructions of the security staff must be followed.
· In the event of violations of the applicable rules, we reserve the right to issue a ban on shipyards against the affected employees.
In the interest of your employees, please support us in the organisation of the break tents by providing comprehensive information and by carefully allocating your employees to the breaks (evenly distributed over the break times).
We reserve the right to close the tents again at any time if we discover that the allocation to the break times was not carried out by you as expected.
Contact details of employees in the event of a Corona outbreak
In order to be prepared for a possible Corona outbreak in the region or at the shipyard in the best possible way, we would like to ask you to collect and keep available the addresses of the accommodation of your employees who are employed on the premises of MEYER Werft and further contact details. As we have seen in other recent cases, breaking the chain of infection is the key to contain further infections.
This information is used exclusively to be able to fully identify the exact chain of contacts in the event of an infection, even beyond the working activities on the shipyard premises.
The attached form "20200630_Contact information of persons employed on premises of MEYER WERFT" can be used to collect the relevant information of your employees.
The completed form is not be returned to us!If the corresponding authorities require this information in case of infection, you will be informed separately.
Please note: In case of a Corona outbreak and a corresponding request for the provision of contact details, the suppliers are responsible for the availability of the contact details of the persons employed, also of their subcontractors (subcontractors). Please ensure that this information is available in case of an outbreak.
We would like to point out that it is recommended that your employees are accommodated in single rooms to Contain infections. If you have any questions regarding the hygiene concept and accommodation of employees, the local health authorities can be contacted.
Corona warning app
Since 17.06.2020 it is possible to use the Corona-Warn App to determine contact with infected persons more quickly and easily and to determine the risk of infection.
We hereby expressly recommend all persons employed at the shipyard to install this app and to pass on this recommendation to all persons in their environment in order to further reduce the risk of the Corona virus spreading. More detailed information can also be found in various languages on the website of the Federal Government: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/themen/corona-warn-app
Starting up the vending machines
The vending machines for cold drinks will be gradually put back into operation at monday, 6th of July. The following rules apply:
- In any queues that may form a minimum distance of 1.5 to 2 metres from other people must be kept.
- The consumption of beverages in the area around the vending machines is prohibited.
- It is also forbidden to form crowds of people to consume the drinks together.
If the rules are not observed, the vending machines will be taken out of operation again.
New regulation at the gates
Leaving the shipyard was previously allowed without registration of the exits. Since Monday 25.05.2020, separation systems have been installed at the gates in test operation in order to control the exits from the shipyard. All persons have to leave the shipyard with a booking at these systems. With this measure we want to ensure that in case of an evacuation, which persons are still at the shipyard.
At gate 1 the following regulation also applies:
- In the time between 12:00 and 12:10, gate 1 will be closed for car traffic until further notice.
- Passengers will leave the shipyard via the separation system with booking.
- Cyclists can leave the shipyard via the car exit with booking. For this purpose, the card readers mounted on the right and left of the barriers with the inscription "Ausfahrt" (exit) must be used. The security personnel will assist with this procedure.
Procedure in case of suspected corona infection and confirmed corona infection
Here you will find a detailed description of how to behave if a person from your company who is employed at the shipyard is suspected of having a corona infection or has a confirmed corona infection.
We ask you to instruct the employees of your company again on this procedure and, if necessary, to display the documents in the appropriate accommodation.
Partner companies update a daily contact list
In case of an infection with the coronavirus, it is crucial to identify all contact persons of the infected person as quickly as possible. A contact list maintained on a daily basis enables quick and targeted action in the event of an infection.
Please inform your employees about the daily maintenance of the contact lists. The maintenance of the contact lists can be done either manually via this document or electronically, as an easier and faster way to maintain and trace the contact lists: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/meyer-contact
Changing rooms for employees who work in very dirty conditions
By introducing the 6-hour shift without a break in production, we closed the canteens and recreation rooms in order to reduce the number of contact persons. The use of the personal lockers as well as the common rooms is therefore no longer permitted. In order to give employees who work under extreme dirty conditions (e.g. blasting work) the opportunity to wash themselves anyway, the following recreation rooms remain open for these employees:
- Hall 5: Recreation rooms 7 and 8
- Hall 6: Recreation room 88 and 89
Reporting system for disinfectant dispensers
All disinfectant dispensers on the shipyard are marked with a number. This makes it easier to report damaged or empty dispensers to our Corona hotline or to the info points on the shipyard.
Access and departure to/from the shipyard
- From now on, cyclists of the early and late shift zone Hall 4+5 from Weener can also use Gate 1 to enter the shipyard. Please note that this regulation applies exclusively to cyclists. For walkers in the zone Hall 4 + 5, Gate 3 and the truck gate continue to be valid as entrance and exit.
All start and end times including the list of which gate is to be used can be found in this updated flyer.
- The access for cars from the Rheiderlandstraße in the direction of gate 2 is closed from 5 to 6:30 and from 13:30 to 14:15 until further notice. Via the first lane at gate 2, the exit towards the motorway is allowed as soon as the traffic has left.
- Picking up and dropping off employees is now only possible via the new parking lot on the other side of the Rheiderlandstraße.
- Cars with more than two people are not allowed to access the parking areas and areas outside the gates. For them only the new gravel parking lot is available.
Avoiding gatherings of people
The current situation and the new zone concept demand a lot from all of us.
- In order to avoid delays at the gates, we are providing a further access possibility: At Gate 1 the rolling gate at Hall 6 is also available as an additional option for entering and exiting the shipyard.
- A personnel guidance system is currently being introduced in front of the rolling gate at gate 1 in order to further equalize the passenger traffic at the beginning of the shift and to maintain the distance of 1.5 m. A "snake course" is being set up, such as is familiar from leisure parks, for example.
- Many employees of zone Hall 6 on the early shift enter the shipyard via Gate 1 and Gate 2. Note that the truck gate and Gate 3 are also permitted entrances for this shift and zone. We achieve shorter waiting times and prevent gathering of people by a more homogenous distribution.
- Employees coming to the gates from ND Coatings should also use Gate 3 or the truck gate. From now on, staff will point out the right way in the morning and assist with the distribution to the gates.
Please keep a distance of at least 1.50 m to your fellow human beings.
One-way control on S.713 and S.715
The minimum distance of 1.50 m cannot be maintained on the gangways, so the gangways were converted into either an entrance or exit. Observe the signs on the gangways.
During shift changes, the one-way regulation is loosened due to the high number of people in order to prevent the gathering of people.
Markings in front of the gates
Corridors with barriers were built in front of the gates as an access route. These corridors are so small that two people cannot stand or walk next to each other. In addition, markings have been sprayed on the ground with a distance of 1.50 metres to help the employees to keep the distance control.
This measure allows access to the shipyard with a controlled booking at the turnstiles.
The security staff will check that these distances are observed and, if necessary, issue a ban on entering the shipyard if they are not followed.
Registration times for workers by zone
The registration of new employees of partner companies has to be done for a certain zone from now on. The schedule below specifies when employees of which zone can hand in their documents and watch the security film. In this way we prevent contact between employees from different zones even before they enter the shipyard. Stick to the timetable and only order employees from partner companies to register at the time that suits the zone.
|Hall 4 + Hall 5 + Offices Hall 5 T1||9:30|
|Site office / IT||10:00|
Our canteens are closed until further notice.
Contact doctor by phone
If you have cold symptoms, please do not introduce yourself personally to our company doctor. Please contact her or your family doctor by telephone.
Daily preventive measures
The following apply to everyone: everyone can contribute to their own protection and the protection of all colleagues by acting responsibly:
- Keep your distance: keep a distance of 1.5 meters from other people as a precaution.
- Washing and disinfecting hands regularly
→ There are currently delivery problems with disinfectants, even though we have already taken various measures and, for example, had MEYER TURKU fly in disinfectants. It may therefore happen that disinfectant dispensers cannot be refilled. Please make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 30 seconds.
- Coughing and sneezing (coughing/sneezing into the crook of your arm)
- Refrain from physical contact such as shaking hands
- Avoids contact with people suffering from respiratory diseases